Monday, October 11, 2010

Long Weekends are the BEST!

I know we all love long weekends...they are wonderful. I love that Barry and I both have the same holidays because that way we are all off together.



We got off half day Thursday and were off until Tuesday....so nice. We had an eventful weekend. We went with my parents to Iuka, MS to see some land and enjoy a nice day on the boat. Makayla had a blast on the boat. I brought a blanket for her to sit on and lots of toys to play with and she got to touch the water....all of that are some of her favorite things!! So far there really is not anything that we have done with her that she has not just loved. It is wonderful having her with us to share in all of our family events. Once we left the lake we went and stayed at the Marriott Shoals and Spa in Florence. It was so relaxing and she loved the pool and slept great in her pack-n-play. I have a really funny story that I will tell another time about that trip.



On Saturday we came home and had a low key night grilling out and running a few errands. Makayla started to get a little fussy that afternoon and seems to be teething. No fun! I know that must not feel good. I am glad we get our first teeth when we are too little to remember. :)



Sunday was filled with a great day at church, cookout for lunch and dinner, and some shopping. On days that I am off I think I work harder cooking, cleaning, getting all of my errands ran than I do when I am at work. Ha ha! The Byrd's came up though and got to spend some really great time with Makayla. She fell asleep on Mimi and it was the sweetest time for her to have holding her close. Now that she can crawl and walk (with help) she really does not cuddle a lot...she is a busy little bee.



I am so glad this week is going to be a short week. I love my weekends with my family.


Hope everyone has a blessed week.
I will post pictures of our boat trip soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment